Live Performance: Gongo Aso

11:52

So yeah like I said it was a classic/oldies concert  so yeah it was mostly guys that were kinda old that
performed. Uhm so when the presenter called up the next act which 9ice the crowd began to come alive, I guess this was when the show really got started. The crowed received him so well I think he was the most relevant Nigerian artist that performed on the night.
He started up slow and performed strictly the hits mostly from his 2004 album  you know Street Credibility, Gbamu Gbamu and so on. The crowd was really into it, I could see a lot of people started to sing along moving their heads to the beat the seemed to be enjoying themselves. Then Gongo Aso came on a portion of the audience just lost it. People got up singing on top of their voices dancing and stuff, I didn't know older people could turn up this much. I was genuinely surprised the crowd pretty much performed this song, 9ice was cool for most of the performance.
The in the more upbeat tracks he would just bust a move or two you know (you know just the one's or two's) the crowd really felt his portion of the act.

But the highlight of the performance for me was how he left the stage. Well he had a disagreement with the DJ. Frankly I cant remember what the DJ was doing exactly, I would just assume he was scratching while he was performing. When he did it the first time nice expressed his displeasure and signaled him not to do it again. Close to the end of the performance he did it again and 9ice was infuriated said some things to the DJ and left the stage without any acknowledge or signing out.
I think he should have done that but really I am not so sure what transpired between the two parties that night so I cant really judge the situation. I just think he could have handle it better. Other than the incident I think it was a really good performance and 9ice has dropped a number of Nigerian classics.
I would be concluding this series Live Performance in the next post so I hope you've been enjoying how it has been going so far, stay tuned for the conclusion.

Images from thenet.ng

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe