Song Of The Day: Party

23:04

Happy New month everyone!
I'm actually so glad to be writing this, I've been struggling with a lot lately and as difficult as it may be to get to the place to write, writing itself is bliss.
Last month I attended one of my very good friends birthday party at a very nice restaurant/ lounge called Le Reseau in Dugbe, Ibadan, Nigeria. 
In this post I'll be doing what I did here to put out pictures and describe a song that follows the theme of the pictures. By the way we were actually supposed to have karaoke, but there was a surge that rendered it unusable. Party would have been an awesome song choice.
To the matter at hand, The Song of the day Party was performed by Beyonce  from her 2011 album "4" and has two versions, one which featured Andre 3000 (which I was unaware of before today) and another which featured J.Cole (the one which I'm conversant with, has a video but is actually not on her album).
The song generally exudes retro vibes, like  in the video(with all the props and the general theme), In the song with the tempo, the instruments and the samples particularly "La Di Da Di"  a song performed by Doug E. Fresh which is actually the basis of the song.
The song was produced by Kanye West, who Beyonce was keen on working with after listening to ''Runaway" from his 2010 Masterpiece "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". Apparently, it drove her close to tears. Another contribution that I feel gave the song a different edge was that part where Kanye went: "You a bad girl and your friends bad too,
Oh, you got the swag sauce, you drippin' swagu."
























































Over and out from fine boy Seun.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe