Album Focus: Chemistry

23:06


When some photos began to surface of Falz and Simi about a month ago I
wondered what the publicity was for, because I was pretty certain something
was coming afterwards(I mean you can't just come and go and just do
photoshoot for nothing, though you can but that's not the point).
Shortly after the announced that they were releasing a joint project, I was
absolutely certain I was going to listen to it. For some reason I thought it
would just be good but not great, was I wrong.
The album was properly titled as the duo posses the type of chemistry that
Timbaland and Timberlake posses in my opinion. At no point did I spot signs
of struggle with their transitions between verses. Also, the album was very
comical, filled witty lines and there were constant variations in tempo and
the genre.
Simi's performance and vocals were very commendable as she showed versatility
approaching her verses differently from doing a little rap verse like in the
song "Want To" to exhibiting her vocal prowess in the song "Chemistry".
Versatility wasn't limited to just her performance but to the entire project
as the themes differed in most of the songs while trying to maintain elements
of the general vibe. Like the song "Shake Body" which particularly targets a
(Yoruba) marriage audience, which is a topic which Falz talks about which I
established in this post here.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe