Live Performance: Aforodisiac

13:09


For the next three posts i'm going to talk about three song from a concert I attended that held in February last year. It was of mostly oldies but it was the only opportunity I had to see a concert at the time (I don't get out so much, so if your in Lagos and you have extra concert ticket please hook your boy up) and it was even more fun than I imagined it would be.
I would start by saying Brandy is an amazing performer, my gosh the way she did her thing on the day was mind blowing. Maybe there was something in the air that day but She performed over ten songs, I don't mean like just lip syncing kind of performance or just regular singing nah! She went all out you could hear hear actual voice, you could see how herself and her dancers were in sync almost all through her dance routines. I can only imagine the amount of practice she must have put in for the performance and I can genuinely say she was worth every penny I paid.

The thing she wasnt even the main attraction for the night but her performance would indicate other wise. Other people performed on that night but none really came close to the way she did her thing. the theatrics as she mounted the stage were so cool though not too over the top but still it was cool, the passion she showed as she performed. I wasn't so close but I could see the sweat drip off her body.


Well after she had performed a number of songs she asked the crowd for a song they would want to hear her do , they more people screamed Afrodisiac. She was surprised, she didn't expect that many people would know  that song. Luckily this was a song I was actually familiar with and was able to sing along to point. I remember first hearing this song around the time I began secondary school and it probably came out before then. It was a brilliant performance and an equally awesome song. When she concluded her performance she was given a befitting appraisal; there were screams, a standing ovation that lasted quite a while and it was just so exciting.
I will be continuing this post with two other performances I saw from different artists so please stay tuned.


Images from the net.ng

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe