Playlist: The Purpose EP

11:33


I must be honest when I initially listened to the full Purpose album by Justin Bieber late last year I didn't give it a fair chance. I just decided I wouldn't like it and carried that mind until I listened to it subsequently with a more open mind.
I must confess it had a lot more direction and I got that the full project embodied a lot and Justin Bieber was transitioning sound wise and very well. If you remeber "Boyfriend" which he released awhile ago (written by Mike Posner) when I heard it I felt that sound may actually suit him. Fast forward to hearing the smash hit "Where Are You Now?" originally from Skrillex and Diplo's Jack U album  which also appears on the Purpose album. This apparently was where Justin found clarity with Skrillex after struggling with putting the album together.
The general sound is a mix of EDM, Pop, Dance Techno, House and the Tropical vibes that featured on and off the project most likely influenced by Skrillex. The project was a redemptive one in the sense that it put him back on track musically and the content were based on faith, forgiveness, upliftment among other things. In songs like Sorry, What Dou You Mean and was particularly apparent in Love Yourself (which was written by Ed Sheeran which is one of if not my absolute favorite song off the project). I can't deny how much I've enjoyed the project, so I decided to make a playlist off it of the songs I played the most.

Children

Love Yourself

Sorry 

Where Are U Now

What Do You Mean. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe