Live Performance: Red, Red Wine.

11:18


Anytime I turned on the radio around this period all I hear was UB 40, UB 40, UB 40. It was on for like a month. Then like a week to the show I was given a ticket to attend the event. I actually didn't know who they were and didn't know if they were really worth the hype. So I went into my closet and got out my Sherlock Holmes Hat (Yes I have a Sherlock Holmes hat, cant you pay attention to whats really important though) and my laptop to familiarize my self with the band and found out they were a British Reggae band and checked up a few of their songs and Red, Red Wine became my jam.

Well back to the concert. I cannot remember what was happening when a group of white guys who we apparently fed up with the other acts and the organizers for putting UB40 last. It seemed like it would take forever for them to come up and the were the ones they came to actually see. It was around past one I guess when they (mostly the white people) began to chant impatiently for them to bring UB40 to the stage and before you know it the presenter just came up and bounced who ever was performing or was to perform next and introduced the next group performing as UB 40.
 The screams of the audience became louder and even louder as appeared on the stage with their
instruments. The screaming went on for a while even after the band were set up and prepared to play.
After what seemed like forever everyone settled down and they began to play. The group consisted of a guitar player, saxophonist, a lead singer and a rapper (I guess I can call him that). These guys performed for a long time, I like after thirty minutes. But not before they performed my Jam Red, Red Wine. They really knew their instruments and during their performance it seemed like their supporters were just emerging from every where and sang along to almost every song they did.
As I was leaving they performed this hit  I Cant Help Falling In Love now this is another jam by the way, as thought of how I was going to to stay at work in the morning the next day because it was around two o'clock in the morning.
But above everything it was a really nice experience, hopefully I would attend much more interesting concerts and would write more on my experience. But until then I hope you enjoyed this piece.
I guess I forgot to mention it was a concert held by Classic FM  actually.


Images from thenet.ng

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe