Song of the day: Goodbye

08:01

The song of the day is by the rap group Slaughterhouse from the 2011 album Our House, that one a really crazy album I mean everyone killed it: Joel Ortiz, Royce, Crooked eye and Joe Budden. Also, Eminem featured on a number of songs among other Hip Hop artists.
I digress but back to the topic; this song particularly is my favorite from the album. I would begin by saying it brings back memories, it opened my eyes to other difficulties others have faced and helped me overcome a difficult period of my life.
I don't know who did the chorus but it sounded like a male voice and there were back up female voices(I should get the digital booklet soon) and it was slower than the normal Slaughterhouse tempo. Each member of the group had a verse to express their present emotional state, to reminisce about the times they had and memories of the ones they lost no matter how short it was. Each person had a different story, a different experience but the common thing between them was overcoming and saying goodbye to the times they had and the ones they had lost.
Not to be too "emo" I think it was actually a wonderful rendition; almost poetic even.
I do recommend you give it a listen and it would make a lot more sense if you follow the stories that are told.

For me this is a day dedicated to remember fond memories that continually linger in my mind of someone I lost.  May your memories live on in our hearts.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe