Nostalgic Tunes: Liberian Girl

13:07

I remember watching the video when I was really young, I'm not sure if it's the one I'm think of but there were like royal African individuals and then Micheal was luring the King's spouse and then the king was pissed and told his guards to chase him and at one point in the chase he ended up turning into gold dust and escaped. It was so intriguing when I saw it for the first couple of times, I should watch it again soon. 
More importantly the song itself is amazing, like Micheal Jackson's vocals were just too unreal (If I was a girl who knows what would have happened). For some reason the song had been in my head for like a month and when I found someone to upgrade my recently depleted music library ( Shout outs to my ninja Jethro) I saw a best of Micheal Jackson folder and I was so excited. I've been playing the song since then.
It was released in the late 80's off his Bad album. In the song he expressed his adoration for the Liberian girl in question, describing how she had an effect on him. There's just something about the instruments and how the vocals mixed with it, I mean it was just too congruous to explain. It (the instrumental) was later sampled by 2 Pac in one of his songs; Letter To My Unborn Child.
I recommend you give the song a listen irrespective of if you've listened to it or not, I hope you get the chills again like I did.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe