Song Of The Day: Jumpman

08:35

So about a week ago (doing the shmoney that Bobby Shmurda dance), I met up with my very good friends who were also classmates in school to play basketball. We actually played at least once very week back in school. We hadn't seen and played in a while so we decided to set a date to play at the Surulere stadium. I came along with my camera, and took some random pictures of us warming up and what not.
The song of the day Jumpman by Drake and Future from their Joint project What A Time To Be Alive which is actually one of thier most successful song off the tape. Jumpman which is an alias for the greatest basketballer Michael Jordan.
I felt it was only elaborate to pick this sound for the visuals. I actually had to listen to this tape numerous times to warm up to the whole trap sound generally, but I totally loved it right after the initial reservations &  inhibitions.
The song is filled with a number of basketball references, generally laid back and is just a generally chilled Trap sound. I feel like it was a no brainer for Drake to sell/ promote his collaboration with the sneaker brand which was a major deal for him at the time.






























Just Incase you don't know me, that's a photo of me down there.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe