The Evolution: Omari

11:23


I'm going to start by saying I've been listening to Omari for give or take three years, though the style/approach might change the message is still the same. He's one of the only new school, urban Nigerian conscious rappers I really listen too. His music is too content filled. Recently he released a new project; No Mans Sorrow which is still in line with his first mixtape.
I remember the first song by him I heard "Church Is For The Wild", then listening to subsequent songs and how his sound has improved from that point. His music is usually heavily sampled cutting across various genres of music and sometimes not even music. He's almost always sending a message with the music be it creating awareness, educating individuals about day to day vices, the arts and so much more.
This article wouldn't be complete without mentioning his long standing partnership or relationship with his producer CODED who has been present and played a pivotal role in every project Omari has released till date. He has released over twenty different songs that they have worked on together.
Omari is not just a musician but an artist, as his music is well arranged and  designed in a particular way that's pretentious but in a good way I guess . Also, he does the designs for his album artworks and his digital booklets and trust me they are really high end.
I can talk continually talk about the artist in focus, I mean I haven't even really talked about the music or the skits he's done but I've got to conclude. I would say you should listen to Omari and he would take you on several journeys. So here are some of my favorite songs by him, enjoy!

The Good, The Bad, The African

Church Is For The Wild

Good Mourning, Bad Morning

1000 Miles Featuring Preye

Art From The Heart

Bloom, Baby Bloom

Power

Addicted Featuring Preye

Time and Sorrow Featuring Coded

God of Self Featuring Preye

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Addicted, Time and Sorrow, God of Self and 1000 miles.. 🙌🙌 esp. 100miles and Addicted..

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe