Song of The Day: How Great

00:38


The song of the day is How Great by Chance the Rapper of his mixtape Colouring Book.
It  a cover of the actual song "How Great" which is a popular worship song, he featured Jay Electronica, vocals from the Chicago children's choir most importantly his cousin Nicole.
I actually started playing the song frequently and added the song to my morning playlist after watching the video. I mean I thought it was good when I heard it off the mixtape for the first time but it just didn't stick at the time.
It has this urban gospel vibe which was pretty much the general theme of the album. I began to really appreciate it even more mostly because I payed a lot more attention to the happenings in the background. I especially enjoyed the abrupt pauses especially the one after Chance's part, then the use of the vocoder after the choirs voices. It's steadily paced one almost any rapper would enjoy riding and Chance being Chance did justice to the track so did Jay Electronica who's part I enjoyed as well.
Most of all it's a song that reverences God's eminence, you know it gets you in the mood of gratitude and that is one of the reasons I like the songs so much. There's a lot to be grateful to God for, Chance recognizes that and so do I.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe