My Best 5 Nigerian Albums

15:03

5) D' Kings Men    D'Banj

D'Banj showed with the album that he is not in the same level as other Nigerian artist with this album he had both Local and international Artist on his Tracks and was able to produce a number of smash hits. But still there were a number of old songs. But it was a good performance by the koko master.



4) Desire Iyanya
Well after listening to a number of songs  on his album I think the purpose of the album was to be commercially successful, with the constant adverts, airplay and videoplay he must have attained that goal. There were a number of danceable songs and he also had a number different artists on the album. I think it was a good album.

3) Once Upon A Time - Tiwa Savage 
It was one of the most anticipated nigerian albums of 2013, She put a lot of vocal work and it had very good production with the likes of Don Jazzy and other very good producers. She was quite verisitile making use of a number of different styles and featuring number of artist. She is the main femlae representative of urban music in nigeria and i must say she dint dissapoint me,thumbs up.

2) L.I.F.E - Burna Boy
This is an album I have listened to countless times and I just cant help how much I like it. All the tracks were produced by Leri-Q. I mean the album was distinct and he was able to just give me a different opinion of his music. He featured very few artist but still he was able to make a number of hits. He was just able to make the music sound so appealing,. Also, I was surprised that his Yoruba was so fluent because he was raised in Port Harcourt. Even if his songs were not really party songs per-say, when you hear them you just feel happy and hyped up. I feel this is one of the best 2013 albums

1) Jagz Nation Vol 1 - Jesse Jagz 
This undoubtedly is the best Nigerian album of 2013, initially I was reluctant and I did not understand the album immediately. But I set aside all the judgement  I made previously and listened to the album and I consider it to be  a masterpiece. The full album was produced by himself Jesse Jagz so I guess that is why everything was so in sync. After hearing the album I feel he must have done an evaluation of where his is in his life then, he asked him self" what kind of music would I like to hear?" then he went ahead to make it. He diverted from regular Hip-Hop to more of a reggae vibe. But the sound was like almost visual for me because the amount of thought he put in and the songs had a lot of content. I cant wait for Volume 2.


Worth Mentions 

Baddest Guy Ever Liveth - Olamide 
The year of R'n'B-Capital-F.E.M.I  
R&Bw - Banky W
Words Just Arent Enough -Waje 


NB:This list is based on the opinion and perspective of the writer,comments and other opinions are welcome. All the albums were released in 2013

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe