Kendrick Lamar Playlist 2016

03:45

I'll start by saying this year it seems like Cupid shot a number of arrows at artist looking at Kendrick this year as there was always that part for him to come in with the type of freedom on a verse like jumping off a skyline to the sidewalks with that I don't wanna know the repercussion attitude because those moments you feel the goosebumps as your senses come alive like you're attending a party when your parents specifically said No More Parties or you're a valet and someone pulls up in a double r ghost so you get the holy key.
I think the preambles (like the one I did on my first Kendrick playlist) I do normally are becoming monotonous (i'm not sure this is necessarily better but it was worth a try) so I decided to try something different to describe all the songs Kendrick was featured on this year, He's had a good year if  I might add. I think something that really pushed me more to do it was reading the holiday edition issue of gentlemen's quarterly which he graced the cover in some luxury fur (#pretentiousgoals) and got interviewed by Rick Rubin.

I actually got goosebumps listening to a number of the songs in the playlist; The way the vocals and the production were on That Part took me to another dimension, the verse on Maroon 5's Don't Wanna Know was a perfect match(it made me question the selection to feature Wiz Khalifa on their 2012 hit Payphone all over again) and Holy Key which was a rematch of Big Sean's Control.
Hope you enjoy the playlist and find some new favorites on it.

Freedom - Beyonce 

Goosebumps - Travis Scott

Sidewalks - The Weeknd

That Part Remix - ScHoolboy Q

Skyeline To - Frank Ocean

Holy Key - Dj Khaled

Cupid - Bj The Chicago Kid

No More Parties - Kanye West

Don't Wanna Know - Maroon 5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe