Song Of The Day: Roses

11:42

I found out about this song through my friends referral after one of his SoundCloud explorations (thanks Wole) and I've been hooked since I heard it. I want to say before I continue that Saint Jhn is my spirit animal, there's just this laid back and carefree free vibe he exudes that I find so appealing.
The song explores a different side of Urban music that hasn't particularly been categorized, this could be basis to form a new genre of music. It may fall into trap but it isn't exactly just trap it's much more soothing, slower paced and lacks the overly energetic qualities. It's more on the tempo and posses a couple of similarities with Kid Cudi's timeless classic Pursuit of Happiness.
I especially love how different and effortless the sounds is; from the vocals, to the minimal instruments, tempo and the general solemn feel. I feel like the way he has found his identity gives him the ability to impose, in the sense that there's no struggle and there is some calm air of authority from his entire sound.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe