Song of the Day: Dear Child

01:32

The song of the day is one that describes a relationship between a grandmother and her grand child. The description from the perspective of the grand child I presume. The grand child gives a description of how she was physically, her state of mind, behavior amongst other things. 
A lot of grandmothers advice were what majorly constituted the song, one of which was actually the chorus of the song.  From the tone of the song you'll should know that grand mother was no longer with them. So the song could be considered an ode in some way. 
The sound it self consisted of Brymo's signature traditional instruments but this song was slower paced, slower tempo to fit the mood exactly of what he was describing. I have written a number of times about Brymo (you can check here for what I've written), but this particular song was from his 2014 masterpiece Tabula Rasa. 
 This particular song is one I'm currently listening to a lot right now because I feel more in tune with the lyrics as I'm currently attending my grandmother's funeral. With all the festivities, people I've met and the tributes I've heard the song is pretty much the soundtrack for my outing here. It describes feelings I may or may not have but can't describe.
Yeah by the way this is my 300th post 😁.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe