Song Of The Day: Omoge Campus #TheSonOfaKapenta

06:37

The song of the day is Omoge Campus by one of my favorite Nigerian artist Brymo off his debut album The Son Of A Kapenta which I've actually talked about previously Here. This song was done not too far from  the time where there were so much Inhibitions, Difficulties and Disgreement between Brymo and his record label. It was reported that they controlled the type of music he could release/record and didn't really allow him make the type of music he really wanted (but what do I even know) it all ended up in court as a lawsuit was files against Brymo.
Anyway, when I listened to the album fully this was one of the songs that stood out for me, it was benign and the picture he was painting seemed pretty believe able and genuine. In a nutshell it's a song where the artist tries to woo the girl in question, making promises and describing a wonderful relationship they could have. The story was a little incongruous but sensible non the less.
I really liked the vibe of the song, it's quite up-beat, the instruments & melodies used are similar to the ones used in bands you know the drums and the horns especially. The drums though really made it for me though.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe