Song Of The Day: My People

02:15


The song of the day is My People by Falz the Bahd Guy from one of my favorite 2015 albums Stories That Touch. I think he's really cool, conscious and actually address (not necessarily solves) issues that occur in the Nigerian society, like one of his previous songs that I talked about here.
If you've been in Nigeria, Lagos for the last 2 months you'll be able to relate to the songs message 
This last week precisely where both the Power holding and Fuel Companies decided to go on strike, I mean the main and alternative sources of power in the country. 
In the song he says; "... My people dey hustle like no wahala..." Even in between the difficulties people keep on moving and carry on their activities like nothing is wrong. They'll just find their way around it and to be candid that's one of the things I like about Nigerians.
Though this is not a bad mentality, but I think the problems we go through reoccur and we just use quick fix methods that would cause us problems later in the future rather than going to the fundamental cause of the problems. I can only hope that eventually we'll go down to the fundamentals, but at the moment we'll continue to find our way around the struggles. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe