Album Focus: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

10:09


I while a go read an article on the rappers either of this generation or under  35 I cant remember exactly I think it was sometime in 2013 and Kanye West was number one I don't know why but before i actually took my time to really digest why they said so I just disagreed immediately and was like "I know he is very good does he really even rap like that, i mean really..." but now ive taken sometime to listen to a lot of projects since then and I have gotten a deeper understanding between these periods and that is what has lead to the album I would be focusing on today My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye West released late in 2010. 
I dont even know how to explain how much I like this album right now and in the last 2-3 weeks I have listened to it fully over 15 times. When I first listened around the time it came out I wasn't wise enough to fully understand the things he was explaining, I did not appreciate or understand the amount of work that went into the production of this particular project. But when i listen to it  now... I think i should actually talk about the project now.
The people he had on this album I mean the Producers, Artists, vocalists, Instrumentalists, Comedians and I think he credited Amber Rose for vocals or hand clapping *really nigga,really?* The art direction was also very absurd and caused the album to be delayed but it really did pit the concept of the album together in my own opinion. The way he arranged his tracks then the movie for the album was just crazy. Then the most consistent Kanye thing was also visible(hearable) in the album his drums.
The singles on the album did too well All of The Lights, Runaway & Power the were everywhere at the time and they are still jams till today. The his skits the Chris Rock one though it was so explicit but it was too well related with the story Kanye was telling in the Blame Game and the Who Wants To Survive in America which spoke about the american dream really was just something else entirely. Other works from this album include Dark Fantasy, Monster, So Appalled, Lost In The World , Gorgeous, Hell Of A Life and Devil In A New Dress.
The when I read about the recording process, I mean he rented out the 3 studios in that particular studio and worked on different songs simultaneously then when he hit a wall he would leave that room to another room to work on another song. Also, when he was working on a particular song  he heard an effect and knew which song it belonged to and abandoned what he was working on to work on the effect he had discovered.
He received mainly positive reviews for the work he did on this album, he dominated the charts in several countries, sold over 400,000 in its first week, won several awards and he won a Grammy award for Best Rap Album in 2012. I do not want to continue listing the awards this album won. In all the Kanye albums I have listened to this is my 3rd favorite album and I hope in his alleged "Paris"  Album he would not disappoint and provide another classic album. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe