Song of the Day: Cruel 698 - @Ozzyb_

09:11

I finally got to listen to Ozzy's tape sometime last week and it's too wavy, I've listened to it everyday from when I got it till now numerous times. He really changed up his style , it's pretty similar to how Travis Scott's style changed and if juxtapose further you'll realize there are a lot of similarities. 
I'm still trying to figure out what genre the music fits into (though I'm not trying to put the music in a box and expect only vibes like that, but to give an audio like description) but I'll just come up with something that has wavy or thrill in it, though it cuts across hip hop and acid house among other genres.
This song particularly has heavy Acid house elements, dance hall riddims and contains several samples that include gun sounds and patois elements. The beginning is actually quite similar to Kanye West's New Slaves of his Yeezus album.
I personally like this song because it's so unconventional, I had to convince someone that the person who did the song was Nigerian. I think the way the vocoder effect was used is something people would seldom do, it was very heavy and could depict or create this impression of distress in my opinion. I'm yet to fully piece the story together fully but it obviously is related to Suzie's demise, during the song there are choices presented to Suzie on how she'll prefer to go I presume. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe