Song Of The Day: Matrimony

01:11


I was invited to a wedding by my good friend, it was the first one I went to this year and in very long time. I must say really enjoyed it. Then at the reception my mind decided to create it own sound track as the Couple walked in and you guessed it Matrimony by Wale featuring Usher. This is one of my absolute favorite songs from this year and I wish I listened to the album (The Album About Nothing) more before I lost my computers hard drive as I mentioned in one of my previous posts.
The thing I loved the most about the album were the skits He did with Seinfield all through the album, they were having  a lot of conversations. In this particular song song their description of marriage was wonderful, they used a roller coaster as an analogy while describing marriage. 
Then This part also really hit the nail on the head;
"Wale: Even if you make plans you never think you're really ready for marriage. 
Seinfield: It's like growth, you can't be ready for it because it's growth it's gonna be new..."
Well in the song Wale tries to explain to his significant other in the song that he's not a bad partner and with the way everything may seem he actually eventually wants to spend forever with her. Usher also takes the chorus beautifully, assuring the significant other of his love for her and how he's making plans for her. 
It's not a slow song but it's not really fast either, I think the pace is just perfect for the message he was trying to get across while they serenade the listener. I consider this song a masterpiece and it just has a way to get you in "dem feels" especially those ones that you may not even know you ever had. Well if you haven't heard it I recommend you give it a listen and I really hope you'll enjoy it. 

Finally I would like to wish the newly weds a happy married life and yeah that's my friend and I.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe