Song of the Day: Island Girl

05:08

This is one of the songs from my featuring Odunsi post I wrote recently and the tape it's off of would have made my 2016 favorite Nigerian projects if I had the opportunity to listen to it earlier. I'm going to say AYLØ is pioneering and properly sitting on a new sound. The music is very skillful excuted and it was effortlessly exhudes confidence and sensuality. I especially appreciate the producers on this project they really added to the experience.
Island girl was a standout song for obvious reasons, one being  the skit with the Caribbean girl another being the collaboration with Odunsi. To a good extent I believe the "Island Girl " to be a double entendre the first with the girl in the skit and then the other referring to a girl from Lagos Island, Nigeria. I personally love how the emotions of the girl from the skit are apparent and intense. The tempo, tone and harmony  transitions are also very unexpected and effortless. There's just too much to details to pick up on.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe