Song of the day: Let The Groove Get In

01:37


A couple days ago I had control of the speakers at my friends house and for some reason I decided to play "Let The Groove Get In" from Justin Timberlake's masterpiece of an album "The 20/20 experience". I guess it was something in the atmosphere that I can only categorize as euphoric, but the groove really got in. Everyone actually danced for the whole seven minutes of the song, and  asked for an encore afterwards.
There very few matches made in heaven, among the ones I really relate to  these's ; LeBron and Wade, Pounded yam and Vegitable, Butna and Leri Q, Uninjured prime Ribery and Robben,
Plantsin with other food etc. High up there we have Timberland & Timberlake. Them working together guarantees eargasims. I wouldn't know where to start if I were to begin mentioning the hits they've made together, I'll just say they go as far back as "Cry Me A River". 
The song in my opinion should have been released as a single, maybe because of the length it couldn't have but it could have amassed a lot more commercial acclaim. It actually didn't perform so well for Justin Timberlakes standards selling under 100,000 copies and it  ever made it into the Billboard charts.
Also, there was a lot going on in the song and that's usually a recipe for disater. Considering it was a blend of salsa, pop, african elements, hip hop, classical music and some other contrasting elements  but for some reason that wasn't the case on this song. It was well blended and I feel the transitions really helped with a lot of it. I'm going to chip in that James Fauntleroy credited for co-writing the song (specifically for you YJ) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe