Song of the Day: #Fade

11:52


To be honest I was motivated to write this after seeing the video which was released at the 2016 VMA's by Kanya West. This song was off the Life Of Pablo album which I've talked about here
When I originally got the album I didn't have this song, until I got the updated version which had this song and St. Pablo which I love so much. As the year progressed I wasn't listening to TLOP as much but I thought the two song I mentioned above were awesome (Though St. Pablo more than Fade). 
After doing some research I realized there were actually four samples the song was built off of as opposed to the two that were apparent to me. The samples include:  Fingers Inc.’s Mystery of Love (Club Mix), Hardrive’s house song, Deep Inside, Ms. Barbara Tucker’s vocals from I Get Lifted, and  Rare Earth’s (I Know) I’m Losing You.
I love the very progressive oldies vibe it has to it, I think it'll be elaborate to say it's groovy.
Also, the heavy vocoder effects on the vocals gives it this smooth feel while you listen. It's not the most lyrical or thought provoking song, but from what I understand the song is about falling out of love and could be about drugs as well because of what "Faded" means and the part where Barbera Tuker's vocals go "Oh, I've been lifted..." 
Finally, Post Malone was pretty lucky to be on the track. He was introduced to Kanye West by Kylie at a party and he asked that they worked on something. When they got to the studio he recorded something and Kanye West liked a snippet of it and worked with that.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe