Nostalgic Tunes: Sweetest Taboo

06:04


Hi everyone! I started the column Nostalgic Tunes official here, Though I used to write about about Oldies in older post I never actually differentiated or separated them from my songs of the day. I never actually gave it much thought when I decided to start the column. Then unconsciously it hit me that my penchant for Oldies was really Influenced by my Dad. He fondly listened to the classics and whenever he gets into the car the station is almost always on Classic Fm. Initially I was under compulsion to listen to them and with time I began to enjoy the songs. 
Anyway, This song particularly is by the band Sade (yes, Sade is a band. The Lead singer is Sade Adu). Though I can't particularly point out events where I heard this song when I was much younger, but when I heard the song I was just aware that the older portion audience just couldn't help but sing along. 
Then sometime in 2012 I was looking for the song Smooth Operator and this happened to be in the search results as well and I listed to the song and since then I fell in love with the music.
It has that past time Lounge/Salon music vibe, It's very smooth and calm both the vocals and Instruments on the song. Though release in 1985 the production is just wonderful and well constructed. The lyrics aren't pointed to have any specific meanings it promoter nuances. In my opinion she's describing how her lover in this scenario brings out a different side of her that might be unacceptable generally, but it's a side actually secretly enjoys. But like I said earlier said side is in no way specified. This is one of my Favorite songs and I recommend you listen to it if you haven't.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe