Song Of The Day: Pick Up - @adekunleGOLD

00:17


Recently there have been a lot of things I've been expecting and things I want God to do for me, so I've noticed that I've been using the expression "pick up" a lot. You know for my account🤑, my glow up(I'm still on 3% by the way😪), my computer, camera and a lot more things I'll just look up and go "God please pick up 😩".
What actually prompted me to write about the song were retweets on my timeline of what he said made him write about the song, I don't know why I felt so inspired after reading it. See the tweets below.


The song is bilingual, containing Yoruba and "Pidgn" English. It has this very progressive Yoruba vibe that I really like, you know the lyrics, the tempo and the instruments especially the instruments. 
In the song he's having a conversation with God telling him about and asking him to grant him his desires. He also mentions some successful people who he would like to be like. He uses this analogy of him calling God with a phone and as expected he hopes he picks up. I really love the way the song is so simple, I really admire his ingenuity. 
Finally, I pray God will pick up for us very soon and we'll be able to thank him for the results.
Have a great week!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe