Song Of The Day: Hand of God

16:55


I've been off for a while, away from proper Internet and my tablet so I haven't been able to write a post.
Truth be told I returned a while ago but for some reason I couldn't get my self to sit down and write a post. Ideas actually kept coming but I couldn't get myself to write anything until now. 
I've chosen to reflect on the past couple of weeks or the last month to be precise, I believed I would get through it but that not withstanding it has been tough. The album The Human Condition has actually been one I've been able to channel strength from and this song is one of the ones I've been motivated most by.
Hand of God by Jon Bellion is a song that cuts across different parts of Jon's life, he acknowledges that he's not exactly a saint but his life is in God's hands. It describes the current living situations, conundrums and he lays emphasis on having faith even when things appear to be difficult. 
Also, the song at a point is a mash up of several songs that were on his album, which is one of the things I love the most about the song, the choir was another choice I approve of taking a cue from Kanye West and Chance the Rapper I guess. 
Another reason why I like the song is the energy feels so benign and he produced most of it himself.
It has this Pop Rock and mild/border line house vibe, then the way the instruments were put together is just awesome. I was shocked that I had been sleeping on this after I had heard a lot about him but I just never got around to listening to him (other than songs he did with Logic, whose mixtape is fire by the way) until my friend played a song for me a little over a month ago I think and I've been hooked ever since.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe