The Evolution:The Weeknd

14:45


How do I explain my Weeknd encounter? I'm just going to start from the first thing I actually heard him on which was actually Crew Love by Drake, when I heard him I was just like "wow!", then I got Trilogy but the songs were just too many and I don't know maybe I was just not patient at the time i didn't just like it. In retrospect I think I just didn't understand it because a lot of songs from trilogy have resurfaced on my path and I really like them.
Fast forward to Kissland which I really liked, he put out a lot of vibes that I was really in tune with at that point and I guess he was getting a much better understanding of himself musically. Though I didn't think that was the best he could do from that point I guess it was safe to say I became a bonafide fan.
Then after the singles that built up to the album I was really really anticipating the album, only God know how many times I must have listened to Often. Then the album dropped and I went crazy, I still don't have a favorite song. I'm sure I've listened to the album more than 30 times from start to finish. In my opinion this album deserves a Grammy but Adele can just come and spoil a boys market. That not withstanding the album is doing great and is on track to reaching great heights.
I'm actually yet to listen to his first project though I hope to soon, so this may not be a full evolution but i'll like to say it's just from eyes then. So enjoy this weekend playlist.

Valerie

High For This

Wicked Games

The Zone 
Featuring Drake

Belong to The World

Live For
Featuring Drake

Adaptation

Professional

Acquainted

Angel

Prisoner

Featuring Lana Del Rey

Bonus Tracks
Crew Love By Drake

Pray 4 Love by Travi$ Scott


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe