#BringBackOurGirls Edition Song Of The Day : Fire On The Mountain

12:31

The song of the day is dedicated to the abducted Chibok Girls. The song perfectly describes the situation in Nigeria at the moment, I pray that God will Intervene. The song of the day is Fire On The Mountain By Asa from her self titled album released in 2007. I marvel at the depth and the foresight she had in this song. At the time it came out i don't think I understood fully what she was saying at the time until recently when I really listened to what she was saying (Obviously I knew what she was saying but I did not appreciate it or really think of it as more than a song). There were several themes she spoke about like corruption, ignoring imminent danger, impartiality, the adverse effects of technology, sex and a host of other themes. The instruments that were used conveyed the message nicely and were mainly Acoustic but also consisted of other instruments like drums and tambourines if i'm not mistaken. Also, the vocals on the song were divine it was just too amazing. Asa may not be one of the most famous artists in Nigeria but with songs like this makes me consider her one of the best artist to have ever stepped on the Nigerian music scene. I consider this to be a classic song, I mean even after seven years it always sounds new and different to me. I recommend you take your time to listen to it even if you've heard it before as we continue to pray for action to be taken for the safe return of the Chibok Girls.

See link to the song here

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe